Outdoor Education & Adventure School Tours
35 Years Delivering Ireland’s best Primary & Secondary School Tours
Choose from spectacular and inspiring activity locations
•Our small and personal residential Centre allows for
tailored, flexible programs with sole-occupancy
• The best activity weeks and weekends allow for school tours including year group bonding, sports team development, TY programmes, GAISCE expeditions
• All our activities take place in their natural environment, no man made or pseudo environments created, all activities within 10 minutes of Centre
• Highly qualified staff, experienced teachers & instructors bring the best out of each individual
• Transport can be included in all tours
• Calm, organised and un-rushed sessions allow you enjoy a quality experience alongside your pupils
• Open February to November
Schools from Ireland and abroad have been returning annually for over 35 years, our residential activity centre cannot be bettered on quality, safety, customized programme design and commitment from our staff team.
We have kept our Centres small to provide a real alternative to the large commercial adventure centres, ensuring the maximum personal development and team building opportunities for each pupil as well as plenty of fun! We are also one of the few residential centres that can offer sole occupancy for your school or college trips which brings huge benefits for everyone.
Our provision for Residential School Trips includes tailored curriculum based programmes for Junior & Senior cycle, Transition Year, PE, Geography & History Fieldwork courses
We are the perfect choice for your school activity tours and school residential trips.
Galway: Recess, Connemara, Co Galway
Achill: Keel, Achill Island, Co Mayo (Opening 2017)
School Tour Activities
Design your residential programme around our choice of day and night time activities including surfing, kayaking, coasteering, abseiling, cycling and many more! Evening activities include table tennis, pool competition, card games, team games, talent show and the use of our surf simulator. You can also choose to add day trips to any of the following locations, Clare Island, Westport House, National Parks, Country Life Museum, Leisure centres or any other location of interest in the region.
Aim to forge friendships for the year ahead
Develop students psycomotor skills
Reveal students hidden strengths and talents
Boost self-esteem and confidence
Develop social skills
Broaden Student/Teacher relationship
Encourage student to challange themselves
Build independence and work within a team
Can be integrated as part of a Gaisce expedition or designed as a specialty camping tour. All specialist equipment provided including tents, ground sheets and camping amenities.
Camping tours represent our most memorable school trips and are increasing in demand over the last number of years.
Experience Achill Outdoors
Develop a range of camping and survival skills
Couple your camping tour with a range of activities, transport and fieldwork packages.
Gaisce School Tours
Our Gaisce Tours fulfill all requirements and levels of the President’s Award including Bronze, Silver & Gold level award
Choose from our guided Walking, Cycling or Kayaking tours. Walk on some of the Wild Atlantic Way’s most spectacular walking routes, develop planning, navigational and map reading skills. Cycle the award winning Great Western Greenway or kayak some of the most picturesque waterways on the west coast.
All Gaisce tours are tailored to your requirements and can include:
Private coach transport
Full support service
A range of activities or fieldwork programmes
All meals, BBQ lunch, accommodation & supervision
- 35 year experience delivering high quality student focused tours and courses
- Schools returning annually
- Tours designed to fit your budget and requirements
- A truly inspiring activity centre location
- We guarantee a personal experience
- Tours and courses genuinely tailored for your school
- The rare opportunity to have sole occupancy of a centre
- All tours designed and delivered by qualified teachers
- Transport included in the cost of your tour
- A unique highly stimulating learning environment
- Organised, calm and unrushed activity sessions
- Separate teacher/leader area with free WiFi
- Immaculate safety record on all our activities
- Achill Island Centre will accomodate 120 students (opening 2017)
- Galway Centre, Inagh Valley, Recess, Co Galway accommodates 65 students
- Situated in spectacular locations
- Purpose built facilities
- Separate Male and Female Dorms
- Teacher/Leader accommodation & recreation area
- Free Teacher WiFi
- Dining Hall
- Cosy, comfortable and warm surroundings
- Booking.com award winning accommodation 2015